quick facts
quick facts
quick facts
Show all quick factsshow all
cover image

Travel info

Cover photo by Csaba Pap

section type iconCovid restrictions

🟢 Open to international travelers

For most travelers, there are no restrictions in place for entry to Canada. However, since January 5th 2023, all travelers flying in from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong or Macao will need a negative COVID-19 test result - PCR (not older than 48 hours before departure) or an Antigen test result (at-home tests will not be accepted.) This doesn't apply to travelers transiting through mentioned countries or who have spent less than 24 hours there. It also doesn't apply to children under 2 years old. You have to take the test even if you're vaccinated against Covid-19.

Where can I get a PCR or antigen test within 24 hours?

You can schedule a drive-through or in-office appointment here. Most clinics offer PCR & Antigen tests but check their website before going because they usually require an appointment.

Can I get vaccinated here as a foreigner?

Yes. Everyone with a Canadian Personal Health Number can book their vaccine appointment here, but those who are non-residents and don't have a health number should call the Health Link at 811. They can help you book an appointment.

section type iconVisa information

Some countries need to obtain a tourist visa for Canada in their home country before traveling. Check if your country is one of them here.

For those that want to stay longer and work remotely from Canada, you can apply for:

  • A Self-Employment visa - This program has a benefit for remote workers: If you already have a remote job, there are programs that don’t require a Canadian job offer under the Express Entry system and are known as the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Federal Skilled Trade Program. You'll have to prove you have experience in your current field and speak fluent English and/or French.

  • Temporary Work Permit - Even if you work remotely for a Canadian company, you can still apply for this visa and work from Canada.

Keep in mind that if you spend more than 183 days in Canada during the year, you will be required to pay taxes.

Made with 🤍 by SafetyWing